Personal information protection policy
Acquisition, Use, and Supply of Personal Information
The company will gather personal information after obtaining the acknowledgement of the individual. This information will be used within the scope necessary to achieve predefined goals. Furthermore, measures have been put in place to prevent the use of information in any way that exceeds the scope necessary to achieve aforementioned goals.
Except when advance authorization has been granted by the individual or when required by law, the company will not supply or disclose personal information to third parties.
- Compliance The company shall strictly observe all laws, national policies, and other regulations that pertain to the handling of personal information.
- Personal Information Safety Measures By putting in place rational, safe management measures, the company shall avert unauthorized access to personal information, leakage or loss of personal information, or defamation. These safety measures will be corrected when necessary.
- Inquiries & Complaints Regarding Personal Information The company shall establish a means for individuals to contact the company with personal information-related complaints and inquiries and shall respond to said complaints and inquiries.
- Continual Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System The company will periodically review and improve its personal information protection management system in order to maintain the proper protection of personal information.
Implemented April 1, 2015
President & CEO
Tokyu Housing Lease Corporation
Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
When personal information is gathered through information written down directly by the individual, the individual is informed in each case how the personal information will be used. When personal information is directly or indirectly acquired through any other means, use of that information will be limited to the scopes defined below.
Ⅰ. To execute a contract or provide information or services related to the following operations:
- Management of rental property on behalf of and at the request of the lessor
- To provide property-related information for the purpose of recruiting tenants and, when the conditions are right, to handle rental contract-related business in accordance with the lease conditions that apply to each respective property
- Business associated with management of corporate housing for employees and others on behalf of corporate clients
- Business associated with real estate sales and mediation in cases where the company is a primary party to a real estate sales contract and in cases where the company plays an intermediary role in a real estate sales contract
- Business associated with operating as a non-life insurance underwriter agency, including sales, contract signing, and claim processing support
- Other business listed below
- Outsourcing and mediation services related to the planning, construction, design/supervision, repair, and maintenance of real estate for lease or sale
- Hotel, inn, restaurant, and coffee shop management
- Acquisition, holding, selling, and referral of real estate trust beneficiary rights
- Investment in special purpose companies, special purpose entities, and REITs, and the sale, purchase, referral, and management of the equities.
- Building/condominium, parking lot security services
- Management of athletic facilities, pools, and other sports facilities
- Warehousing and automobile forwarding
- Sales, referral, and leasing of furniture and fixtures, equipment, electric appliances, artworks and antiques, etc.
- Business associated with publishing and copyrights
- Provision of real estate-related and other information via cable telecommunication networks.
- All other business associated with the aforementioned
Ⅱ. To conduct sales activities (visits, mailings, telephone calls, e-mails, etc.) in the areas specified in 1 above.
Ⅲ. To conduct customer trends analyses, market survey analyses for product development, and other survey analyses in the areas specified in 1 above.
Ⅳ. Personal information that is publicly available or properly obtained through commercially-available media may be used for the purposes listed in 1 through 3 above.
Real estate registries / recorded maps / commercial registries / credit information organizations / credit research companies / residential maps / telephone directories and other personal information that the individual has in advance agreed to disclose to a thirty party
Ⅴ. For all other purposes not defined above, additional information may be listed in the scope described in 1 above. Such information will also be included in the scope necessary to achieve aforementioned goals.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except when required by law, the company will obtain the approval of the individual before providing personal information to third parties. The company shall cease to provide this personal information upon the request of the individual himself/herself.
Examples of third parties
- Persons who will or are expected to become parties to a contract
- Other real estate agencies
- Internet advertisers, real estate associations
- Designated distribution networks
- Real estate management companies
Types of information provided
- Addresses, names, telephone numbers, and other information required for the purposes described in 1 above
- Information necessary for the signing and execution of contracts as part of above sales activities
Means of providing personal information to third parties
- In writing, mailings, telephone, Internet, e-mail, advertising media, etc.
Entrustment of Personal Information
The company may entrust personal information to parties with whom it has entered into contracts pertaining to the protection of personal information.
Voluntary Provision of Your Personal Information
Whether or not to provide the company with your personal information is up to you. However, please be advised that without your personal information we may be unable to fully provide you with services or information.
Personal Information Inquiries Department
Shibuya Square A 10F, 1-9-5 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043
Customer Inquiries: TEL 03-3476-1598
Business Hours: Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) 10:00～12:00/14:00～17:00
Personal Information-related Requests
1. Contact Us
Please contact us at the address and telephone number listed above with requests concerning the disclosure, revision, and termination of use of personal information, or to be notified of purposes for which personal information is being used.
The company will disclose individuals' personal information based on requests from the individuals themselves using the methods specified below.
- When the company receives a request from an individual to disclose his or her information, the company will confirm the individual's:
- Name, address, telephone number
- The period during which the individual had business dealings with the company, and the substance of those dealings (e.g. property name, room number, etc.)
- Once we have confirmed the facts in (1) above, the company will mail a disclosure request form to the individual's current address. The individual must then fill out the form and mail it back to the company with proof of identity and the specified fee. Individuals should submit an official identification card (e.g. copy of driver's licenses, certificate of residence, etc.) as proof of identity.
- A fee of 1,000 yen is required for each request for disclosure or notification of purposes for which personal information is being used. Fees must be paid with a postal money order or postage stamp.
- As a general rule, it takes roughly two weeks to process requests.
- Requests may be restricted if they are deemed to hinder the performance of business operations.
Handling of Personal Information Obtained Through the Tokyu Housing Lease Web Site
Cookies are used to identify visitors' computers. You may still continue to browse this site even if you have configured your browser to deny cookies, although you may not be able to take advantage of some of the functionality that the site offers.
Web Site Security
This Web site employs commonly-used SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology to protect your personal information and prevent it from being intercepted when it is transmitted over the Internet.
While Tokyu Housing Lease takes every reasonable precaution when managing personal information, due to the nature of the Internet, the company cannot wholly guarantee the confidentiality of personal information.
External Link Disclaimer
Although this Web site includes links to external Web sites, the company is not responsible for the content of said Web sites and cannot be held liable in any way for privacy-related issues that may arise as a result of visiting said Web sites.